Supporting Historic Preservation and the Historical Society
The Marlborough Historical Society is a non-profit (501(c)3), all-volunteer organization, and your support enables us to carry out our mission of historic preservation, education, and celebration.
Other than a few small grants for specific programs, the Society receives no city, state, or federal funds for its ongoing operations.
If you would like to make a donation of services or a bequest, or would like to discuss other ways to support the Society, please contact us.
Please make your check payable to the "Marlborough Historical Society" and include a note with your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address so we may acknowledge your donation.
Mail your check to . . .The Marlborough Historical Society
Marlborough, MA 01752-0513
- Joan Abshire, a lifetime member and former trustee, creates and prints the Society's note cards and creates the Society's annual calendar, which are all offered for sale here to raise money for the Society. (100% donation)
- Trustee Glenn Foley has done extensive scanning and large format printing for the Society's activities. (100% donation)
- Paul Polewacyk, a trustee and lifetime member, has plowed our driveway and parking lot for years. (100% donation)
- These people have chosen a Lifetime Membership in the Society.
- The Estate of Rita Lapine (1989)--The Lapines lived on Chandler Street. Joe was a photographer for a local newspaper; Rita was the Marlborough City Clerk from 1962 - 1980. The Lapine's donated Joe's photo collection to the Society, and following her death in 1989, the Society received a generous bequest from Rita Lapine's estate to support the collection and the Society's programs.